Thursday, December 20, 2007

New Hair

Okay,
I have had my history of hair cutters. First was my very own mother, of course. Then came a one-time visit to super cuts (they missed a piece). For my late teens, I visited a friend of my mom's who had her own little place in a strip mall. And for most of my twenties, I went to the Toni and Guy Academy in Carrollton. I like them well enough, but they take forever. First there is the really long wait at the beginning, then I have to explain at length and in detail several times what I want, then they have to hunt down an instructor and get the green light, then they have to carefully and slowly highlight and wash and cut my hair. It takes usually four to six hours, which I wouldn't mind if I didn't have school-age kids to pick up, and other constraints on my time. If I had a ton of time on my hands, I would do it because I don't mind sitting all day in a chair reading People magazine while someone fusses over my hair.

But, to be a realistic mommy, I need someplace faster. One lady I know from church will come to my house. And she is fast. Two things that you just can't beat when you are short on time and babysitters. She is also very affordable.

Today I went somewhere different. The lady from church didn't get back to me right away, so I made an appointment with a lady that came recommended from a friend who's hair I love. And I have to say I think this is my favorite hair ever. I love bold color, the shape, the way it falls. And from a similar haircut a few years ago, I am looking forward to ease of use. She wasn't the cheapest, but I do believe she was the best.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

CUTE! Your making me jealous that I need a haircut so bad---but feel too sick to go right now:( Looks so new and fresh!

Kristie said...

I hope you really enjoy it! I know that I really liked my hair when it was cut chort and think that I might do that again this summer!

Debi said...

Hey you blogged and I didn't even know it!! You look fancy-free with your new hair cut! I'm wondering now if I even took a picture of YOU with your new haircut...or if all the pictures on my camera are going to be of the top of Michael's head???

sambrael said...

SEXXY! And you look so thin!

I finally found a fabulous hair stylist named Mark (yes, he's gay) at the mall downtown last year. Such a gossip hound, but I love how he does my hair and he's really affordable, too.

James thinks your haircut is cute, too (he can't call his sister-in-law sexy). :)