Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hailey-isms

Hailey is so cute when she mixes up her pronouns. She always says things like "It's him's favorite!" or "Where's hers going?" I think it will be a sad day when she grows up and realizes that is not proper English.

She also adores Scooby Doo. It comes on Cartoon Network during the day. There is the classic 1969 and 1970 version, a 1980's version called "A Pup named Scooby Doo" where they are kids, and "What's new Scooby Doo" from 2005. She calls the 2005 and 199 versions the REAL scooby doos, because they are grown ups. She doesn't care for the 1980's version (and I have to agree with her).

Hailey is famous for her imaginative play where she puts on little theatrical productions with her food or other tiny objects or nothing at all, just using low voices intermixed with high squeaky voices to contrast the different characters in her play. Her favorite characters in her plays these days are the crew from Scooby Doo. She'll say "Oh, no Velma!" "Where yous going Shaggy?" and so on and so forth.

And don't tell her, but she's getting Scooby Doo figurines for Christmas. We're looking forward to seeing the characters in her little plays take shape.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

ADORABLE:) I bet she will be so happy with that Christmas gift!

Kristie said...

so sweet!! You'll have to let us know how she likes the little Scooby people!

Debi said...

Maybe I should have put on my "fork" play for Hailey instead of Emberly!! Hailey is so CUTE!!