e recently saw the movie Chocolat, where the main character up and changed towns every time the north wind blew. I didn't really understand the depth of that reasoning until the wind blew and changed my life two weeks ago.
I hate texas summers because they are like winter everywhere else. You can't go outside and feel trapped. But two weeks ago, a front blew in and carried fall with it. It was like spring for us, opening windows, going on walks, taking deep breathes everytime you stepped outside. And my mood changed with it. I felt better and free. My chemicals changed in sync, so that might have helped. I hate pms, but it does help me appreciate the wonders of a well-balanced chemistry.
We went camping with Matt and Angelica Mings to Lake Buchanan last weekend. It was wonderful weather and wonderful fun. Ansley was fussy from the long drive on Friday, but Saturday, the boys rented a boat, and it wore Ansley out. It actually wore all of us out. The boys tried to ski, but the boat didn't have enough pick-up to pick them out of the water, so we traded it in for an inner tube, which all of us were willing to try (except Ansley, who was scared enough of just wearing a life jacket). It was a blast, and everyone buy me fell off in a dramatic way, which made Ansley cry but made the rest of us laugh. THe cabin was adorable, with a/c, bunkbeds, and a wooden floor. Ansley didn't manage to sleep through the night in her play pen, but at least started out there. We played card games and roasted marshmellows. It was a great time.
We came back exhausted and content from our weekend. And I kept expecting to feel the pensive anxious tension I had felt before the wind changed two weeks ago. I'm glad to say it hasn't returned, and life is so much better for it.
Wednesday, October 10, 2001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment