Michael and I are going on a date tonight...woo hoo! We're dropping Ansley off at his moms' and having a dinner by ourselves. Haven't had that in months. My mom told me that she and my dad used to get away from the kids every single friday night. But then, they trusted the average babysitter much more than we do. That might explain why most of our childhood injuries occured on Friday night.
And tomorrow morning, for the first time in two years, we're going to Dr. Rast for new glasses. Both of us are excited about the prospect of change. I've been wearing my glasses more and more since I'm at home. And I've had these glasses since we first got married over five years ago. Michael wears his glasses every day, so he's ready for a new pair, even though these have been the best glasses for him yet.
After that, I'm going to get my very first pedicure. Rochelle is taking me out to lunch and a pedicure as a way of saying thanks for helping her through the beginnings of motherhood. I'm a little nervous for my little toenails; isn't that silly?
Ansley is wanting to run now. She gets to walking, then fast-walking and builds so much momentum, she can't figure out how to stop. It's really cute. She has had a lot of fun with Michael lately. Ansley has been in a really giggly mood the last few nights, and loves to psuedo-wrestle with Michael on the floor. She thinks her dad is hilarious. I just love watching the two of them together.
With me, she brings me books now and climbs into my lap. It just melts my heart. Her favorite books are the ones with photos of other kids in them, riding bikes and playing in the water. I point to where the "baby" is on each page, and the occassional dog, too. Sometimes she gets frustrated with the book, and I can't figure out what makes her so upset. That she can't turn the pages one at a time? That there isn't a dog on every page? That I'm reading too fast or too slow? It's nice that she doesn't jabber all the time, but I wish she could tell me what she wants.
Friday, October 12, 2001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment