Everyone is talking about tuesday's tragedy. Usually I think big media events are uninteresting and not applicable to my life, like the OJ Simpson trial. In fact, media can really get on my nerves when they talk about one thing too long. But this seems different. Maybe because it might mean war and that affects everybody. Maybe because our world is so different now that we must be much more cautious around airplanes, or anywhere for that matter. Or maybe I'm just getting older and seeing things from a mother's perspective. Everyone who died was somebody's child. That brings a whole new level to the sadness and fear.
I find my entire existance revolves around my child, like those parents I used to find annoying. It's really sad, but, in a way, not so pathetic afterall. Now kidless people seem empty to me somehow. If they tried out parenting, they'd feel the same way and talk about nothing else.
Ansley is walking now. I haven't seen her crawl at all in days. I try to keep her diet balanced, but she always picks out the macaroni from the pile of nutritious food. The antibiotics are great; she doesn't have any more nasal problems and her cough is getting better. And since grandma martinsen came to visit us, Ansley has been babbling nonstop. Grandma credits it to the increase in adult conversation around her. It might be that. Or it might just be the next milestone after conquering walking.
Wednesday, September 19, 2001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment