Emberly has eight teeth. She is walking all the time now. I regret not catching more crawling on video. Oh well.
Ansley and Hailey are taking a ballet class at the city rec center. They perform on March 11th at 3:15, if anyone is interested in coming, let me know.
Ansley achieved junior self-manager this week, the first in her class to do so. Because of her responsible behavior, she doesn't need to send home daily progress reports anymore (as if they were anything other than a+ everyday anyways). She also gets to sit at a special table in class that allows her to sit next to a girl if another girl acheives the same rank (all other students have to sit boy-girl to cut down on chit-chat).
Most of us had influenza a couple weeks ago. Ansley got it first, and since it was influenza B with a lower fever of 102, we didn't catch it until a few days later when we took her in for an ear infection. I had a low fever and flu symptoms, but couldn't be tested because my doctor ran out of tests. And since I couldn't take tamiflu while nursing anyway, I just toughed it out and didn't worry about being tested. Hailey was next and we got her into the doctor less then 12 hours after her fever started, so the tamiflu did wonders for her and she recovered quickly. Emberly has had colds and fevers on and off for weeks, so it is hard to say if any of them were the bonified flu or not, but since she couldn't be treated, it didn't really matter. Michael never caught it, but he's coming down with a bad cold or strep or something now. It's just a rotten winter with a lot of diseases floating around.
Emberly had a reaction to the sugar alcohols in the iron supplement, and apparantly they don't make a version without sugar alcohols (they gave her more gas than humanly possible, which kept her up all night and killed her appetite). We had to special order an iron supplement with plain old sugar from a compound pharmacy in Dallas and pay $25 for a two week supply that insurance wouldn't touch because it was over the counter. Her iron levels went up to 12.3 from 10.2, so they say to keep on doing it just to be sure. They also told us there was a closer compound pharmacy, so hopefully that will make it a little more convenient, although probably just as expensive.
We're going to Disney World in November. We just booked our "villa" in Disney's Old Key West Resort for 5 nights on the 9th. Ansley prays every night that she can have fun at Disney World. When she and Hailey get together, they decide to draw pictures of how they think it will go. I think they might be a little excited. LOL.
We signed Hailey up for the same private kindergarten Ansley attended when she turned 5. She talks about school alot these days and how she is getting to be a big girl and that she is smart. She keeps asking me when school starts and I tell her after her birthday, which seems like an equally far distant event, but at least it's accurate. :)
The girls are dying to swim. They keep asking me if it is summer yet.

4 comments:
What a cute pic!
Glad to hear all the news with you guys!! Too bad you didn't go to Disney when we lived there....it would have been fun to see you there!!! I hope that Michael gets well soon and that it doesn't start a new round of yuck that gets passed around the family!!!
I love the happy picture at the bottom of the blog! Congratulations on Ansley's being a self-manager at school. Is Michael going to be too sick to come to dinner on Sunday?
I'm glad you're all over the flu! James said you sounded miserable on the phone.
I'm so jealous! I'VE never been to Disney World! James said he'd take me to Disneyland, but we have yet to go.
Also, I believe it's spelled "bona fide," not "bonifide," you silly English major! :)
Can't wait to see you all!
Post a Comment