Friday, July 20, 2007

Bed time prayers

We listen to Ansley and Hailey say a prayer every night before we tuck them into bed. Ansley always prays that she won't have bad dreams, that the next up and coming event will be fun (she is big on anticipation), and that she won't get so mad at Hailey all the time (little sisters can be a trial sometimes).

Hailey always says she needs help, but she can really do it just fine on her own. After a few promptings, she launches into all her thank you's. The last few days she has started with "thank you for eyeballs." I am not sure what that is about, but I try to keep a straight face, as we often have to remind her to be reverent during prayers and I don't want to giggle and show a bad example. She also says thank you for various parts of the house like windows and walls (I suspect she is looking around the room for ideas). SHe almost never asks for anything, except occasionally she'll pray for help to be nice to others. She can be very sweet sometimes.

4 comments:

Debi said...

Thanks for sharing such a sweet thing. It just made me smile. Hailey said her prayers all by herself the night I was there, although I don't remember her saying thank you for eyeballs. I sure I would remember that! What special little girls!

Kristie said...

What sweet little girls!!! They just grow up so quickly don't they!!!

Amanda said...

That is really sweet:)

Shelly's Space said...

Listening to our childrens prayers is so special and passes by too quickly. Josh has always insisted on me hearing his prayers...right up until last month when he turned 13. A sad day for me!
Thanks for blogging!! The girls are so adorable!!