We have a pretty good routine in the mornings now. Ansley wakes up about 7 or 8 o'clock. She plays for a few minutes, then sits in her high chair and eats for about an hour. The last few weeks, she's gotten macaroni, hot dogs, cheerios, and yogurt for breakfast (and a dose of cough syrup and advil for her teething).
Then I get to take a shower. Ansley really likes mommy's shower time. She has a collection of toys in the bathroom. Her goal is to throw all of them in the bathtub by the time I'm done showering (we have a separate shower and tub in the master). She would turn the bathtub on and soak her toys if I didn't remove the handle. She also likes to open and shut the cabinet doors one inch (no more since they are baby proofed), and stand against the shower door and bang on it with her palms. After my shower, she plays for a few more minutes, then it's time for her morning nap. I heard this might go away at a year, but I hope not.
Ansley is on the verge of walking. She took 11 steps yesterday. Her preferred mode of transportation is walking while holding on to something, but she's getting braver about moving from object to object. Her first steps were two and half weeks ago at Michael's parents' house. Their furniture is closer together, so it was easier for her to let go and shuffle to the next piece.
Thursday, August 30, 2001
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment