Friday, March 21, 2008

She's a Dance Machine

I read an article on Baby Center about milestones. I just find it interesting to see where my kids fall. Because every baby is different, I wonder how they even make up these charts with any degree of confidence, but it's still fun to look.

For instance, Emberly is in the advanced category of babies for sitting, crawling, cruising furniture, standing, stooping, and walking. But she is right on track or a little behind with words, fine motor skills, and indicating gestures.

And here is my big bragging moment...apparently, advanced 17-month-olds are learning how to dance, but Emberly started that at ten months. She holds a musical toy, and rocks her weight from one foot to the other in rhythm. Her favorite is a Sesame Street faux-CD player that plays RocknRoll, Hip Hop, Country, and Disco versions of Sesame Street songs with Elmo and Cookie Monster DJing. It is sooo cute to watch. Maybe early walkers turn into early dancers. I'm sure she'll love ballet at the rec center when she is four.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Emberly is so cute! I'm SURE she will like dancing when she is big like her sisters. It seems so far away, but she will be 4 before we can blink our eyes!!

Kristie said...

Go Emberly!! Dance away! That is so fun that she is dancing. Aaron also LOVES to dance and has ever since he was very young...like before he turned one too. I can't believe that she is almost one!