Monday, April 23, 2007

2 week pediatrician visit



Today we saw Dr. Moshier for the two week well visit. Emberly was 11 pounds 3 ounces and 21 and 3/4 inches long, so one ounce less and half an inch more than her birth size. Her head was 14.75 inches. So that was 50% for head and height, and 95% for weight.

In case you don't know, we absolutely love our pediatrician. We knew a nurse in our ward before Ansley was born who asked other nurses around the hospital for their favorite pediatrician, and he came back as the best one with a pleasant bedside manner. He is competent and knowledgeable, and also treats us with respect no matter how many questions or concerns we have, or how many things we've "read about" and want to know more. It's so nice to be treated like an intelligent adult by a medical professional.

She also got her second PKU test, and screamed like a normal baby for the first four foot squeezes, but stopped crying before they even finished filling out the test card. The nurse commented that she must be a brave baby to not cry even all the way through the test. Who knows if it's bravery or not, but I'm not complaining. She slept for over three hours straight afterwards.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Such a cute picture!! I am glad to know that Emberly is healthy and growing well!!! I hope that you are having a nice visit with your mom!! I hope that Emberly's good baby streak continues!!!!

Debi said...

Yeah! I'm glad Emberly was so good for her doctor's visit. I tried calling yesterday to check on you guys but there was no answer and no machine. I didn't try your cell because I figured you and your mom were off gallavanting. Maybe you were gone to the doctor. Call me if you need anything.

Debi said...

Oh, and I've been checking Michael's blog every day to see if there are any new pictures. He got some funky pictures with that last batch! She is so cute...a very chubby little sweetie! Tell him to keep posting them....

Amanda said...

VERY cute picture:) YOur ped. did seem VERY good the one time that I met with him for an interview:) Such a great idea to take a picture to blog with:) Glad all is going well and I can't wait to see Emberly again on Sunday (if ya'll are coming?!) When is the blessing???--we need to find 2 subs....