Here is a new post! I know some of you have been eagerly anticipating it. I don't have pictures, but I do have news.
First of all, we had a wonderful Valentines Day. Michael and I went on a five hour date on Saturday and enjoyed dinner at Maggianos, ice cream at cold stone creamery, and the new James Bond movie. On Wednesday, Michael had to leave for youth activity at seven, but we had a great time exchanging valentines before he had to go. Michael made home-made cards for the girls and me, and gave us all yummy chocolate (now there's a man who knows what women of all ages love :). The girls and I picked out cards and drew pictures and notes on them (Hailey's picture of Daddy was really impressive), and gave him some small valentine-y gifts, the biggest hit of which was a gorilla that jumps and sings "jump for my love." Michael and Ansley and Hailey have a few minutes of jump-dancing with the gorilla every night now.
We just found out today that Ansley qualifies for PACE, the gifted and talented program for our school district. Here's a link to the program:
http://k-12.pisd.edu/currinst/pace/pacecontents.html
Ansley's teacher recommended her for the testing process, and Ansley just barely missed the cutoff for automatic admission in the first round. The review panel asked Ms. Hughes if they should continue reviewing Ansley, and Ms. Hughes really championed our little girl, saying that her non-verbal skills tied for the highest score of any other kindergartner, and were ahead of the other candidates by a wide margin, and her verbal test results were only inhibited because of the shyness of her personality. Ms. Hughes had documented all of Ansley's "bright moments" throughout the year, so she put them in letter form and submitted it. The district leader of Pace said that letter was so good they would use it as an example of how to recommend a child for the Pace program.
Other big news is that we are switching care providers and hospitals for this pregnancy. Last Thursday, Craig Ranch OBGYN fedex'd us a letter stating they were no longer comfortable with the doctor-patient relationship and would provide 30 days of emergency care while we found another provider. Fortunately, we had several referrals to consider and have managed to find a provider that is willing to take us this late in the pregnancy and fits our needs. Susan Akins is a certified nurse midwife with extensive experience and a practice of eight doctors to support and back her. She has privileges at Baylor University Medical Center. Here is a link to her group practice:
http://www.wha-docs.com/ourmw.htm
Normal life marches on. We have all had colds for several weeks, starting with Ansley and a week off school because she was so miserable, and even feverish at some points. Michael and the girls all ended up with antibiotics, Michael for bronchitis, and Ansley and Hailey for ear infections (I might be mistaken, but I think it was Ansley's first ear infection). Hailey loves having "sleepover parties" with her blankets and stuffed animals on the floor. Ansley is doing great in school and at her class at church. Her primary teachers say she is just the cutest thing and they love having her in class. Michael has been working a lot of overtime trying to finish up his work load early so the office won't have to call him and have him do work while he is on leave for the new baby. And my belly is getting bigger every day. The baby is head down, but not really engaged yet, moving her head to my hips and back to the cervix regularly, as well as rotating as she kicks me from all angles. In fact, she did this in the midst of our level two sonogram check up a week ago, proving she's not quite ready to leave her happy little swimming pool just quite yet.
Friday, February 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congratulations Ansley!! We are so excited that Ansley will be in the PACE program in school!! She is a smart little girl. I'm glad you did get a careprovider for having the baby and that the midwife will have a good backup system. What did they say about a doctor quitting someone? I have never heard of such a thing! I guess it's just because in this day and age there are so many lawsuits! Heather, please call me if you need help over there. I am only taking one class now and I am not so harry with homework as I have been in the past four semesters. I have more time to help now. Thank you for the new blog!!!
Yay!! A new blog!! Thanks for all the updates!! Congratulations to Ansley on making the gifted and talented program. They don't test for that here until 2nd grade!! :) That is VERY exciting though. I hope that she enjoys it! I am glad that you had a nice Valentine's day. I will have to give you a call soon and see how things are going. That is so crazy about your doctor. I hope that you are happy with your midwife!! Good luck with everything this next month!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little girl!!
It's so great to get a new posting! Impressive that you can keep up this as well as manage such a busy household. I'd love to see a picture of Hailey's valentine for Daddy! Keep the news coming. I'm really looking forward to my visit in April.
A new post with lots of news:) Yeah for Ansley:) And it sounds like you had a GREAT Valentines!!!!!! I can't wait to hear how you like the hospital and your midwife after your delivery. I think it's great you got to get a midwife:)
Post a Comment