
First of all, on Wednesday, we had our first trimester ultrasound. I was relieved that there was one baby and that we are right on track for our due date. Other than that, there is little to know from an ultrasound this early. Hopefully they will let us have our second ultrasound at 17 weeks instead of waiting until 21 weeks.
We also had Ansley and Hailey's birthday party. The Mings drove up from Austin to come, and stayed the long weekend. Angelica and I decorated with latex balloons and purple and pink streamers, and Michael got round and super-sized my little pony mylar balloons from Party City. Michael's friend Chuck and his family came. We had the Reeds from church (our kids get along great because they've played together all summer). We also had Grandma and Grandpa and Steve and Amanda and Pierce.

I was successful with the Pony cake, which was baked in a metal mixing bowl and a glass custard cup. I used pink icing, bubble tape for the mane, halved snicker doodle cookies for ears, and a milk dud for the eye. We ordered pizza for everyone, opened presents, blew out candles, and smashed a pony pinata in the back yard, which Michael hung from the swing set.



1 comments:
Love the "picture" of the new grandbaby, Heather. Thanks for posting it! Maybe you can bring the real picture to the house on Sunday to show everyone a little closer-up.
Post a Comment