Thursday, June 24, 2010

Matters of the Heart


Visiting the cardiologist is a barrel of fun. They take your blood pressure under all sorts of circumstances. Sitting up, lying down, hooked up to the EKG, on a treadmill, just off the treadmill, reciting your ABC's, etc.

And then there is the heart sonogram, which looks really cool, but not nearly as cute as an embryo on-screen. I always thought embryos on the sonogram looked like tiny gingerbread men the first trimester and turned into Skeletor as they grew. The heart looks more like a butterfly trapped inside Jabba the Hut, not the old animatronic Jabba but the more upwardly mobile CGI Jabba they added in the anniversary edition.

So, while I have Short PR Syndrome, I apparently have nothing else. I am very healthy, although I still need to have my cholesterol checked because of my family history. Heart palpitations are simply an annoyance I can ignore without consequence. Chest pain is due to some other mysterious entity in my rib cage, perhaps muscles. If you think about it, muscles are pretty mysterious.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

good! I am glad all is 'pretty much" well!

Debi said...

I have been wondering all day long what time your appointment was and how it would go. So, if I understand correctly, you have the PR problem but at least at this time it isn't causing any big problem, right? No medicines or anything?

Eleven Eleven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sambrael said...

Well, that's a comfort. Now take care of your heart and go do some cardio! ;)