At the beginning of August, Michael's friend Dan married our new wonderful friend Vickers. My mom flew in to watch our little ones and we enjoyed of weekend of freedom in beautiful Arkansas. The trees were gorgeous there, not to mention the weather. The festivities were the kind of grown-up fun I always dreamed of. Fancy parties with fancy dresses and fancy food, not to mention wonderful people to keep us company. It was an awesome getaway for just the two of us.
Ansley had her first day of second grade on August 25th. This year she has Karla Hughes as a teacher, who we know and love from when she taught Ansley in Kindergarten. She is an awesome teacher and Ansley loves being in her class.
Then we had the Spongebob dual birthday party for madam 8-year-old and madam 5-year-old. Hailey picked the theme since Ansley is now eight and got a special trip later in the month with two friends.
Of course, I had to get creative with the cake, like I do every year (except last year's mermaid minimum, but we won't talk about that).
I also made these party favor bags out of lunch sacks. I had a fun time with the craft paint.
And what party is complete without a pinata? Spongebob was reinforced with concrete, apparently, and needed extensive whacking to break open.
Unlike motion pictures that promise no animals were harmed in the making of their movie, I openly admit all kinds of Spongebobs were harmed in the making of this party. The party bags were crammed with candy and mashed in little kiddie hands. The Spongebob pinata was beaten mercilessly by a pink metal bat. The spongebob plates and napkins and tablecloths were smeared on, stabbed with forks, and wadded up before being thrown in the trash. And the cake, well, see for yourself...
Hailey started private Kindgergarten on September 8th. She has Mrs. Hannon as her teacher, who is new to us, but Hailey comes home from school every day bubbly and bursting with happy stories to tell, so things must be going well.
Ansley took two girls from her church class to Planet Pizza to celebrate being eight with her friends. They enjoyed roller coaster type rides and chuck e cheese style games for several hours before a happy meal at McDonalds (you don't go to Planet Pizza for their pizza, trust me). There was a lot of giggling and fun.

4 comments:
It does look like there has been a lot of happenings over there at your place. I love the cake and the bags that you made. Much more creative than me!!! The girls are getting to be so big!!!
You are so funny, Heather! I love the way you told about everything. I hadn't seen the leftover cake....that is a cute picture! (the cake was yummy, too) We had a great time at the birthday party. I love seeing the pictures of the girls on the first day of school, too. :)
Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Incidentally, for J's and my first year together, I also made him a SpongeBob cake for his birthday (made out of sponge cake, of course). It was smaller, with Chiclets for teeth, but it didn't look nearly as nice as yours, especially after the cat (mom and dad's old cat, Styx, not Hamlet) got up on the counter and LICKED one of the frosting eyes! Then he just looked demented. I'm glad your party came off so well!
I didn't know Hailey's was a private Kinder (not pre-K) SO will she go to kinder next year or 1st grade?
Post a Comment