Ansley loves to jump rope. She does air jump roping (similar to air guitar) while she waits for me at carpool after school. She practices jumping at home in the evening counting by fives, and announces with excitement her new high number for the night. The latest is 95. She is working on memorizing all those cute poems you chant while you jump, like "Cinderella dressed in yellow, went downstairs to kiss a fellow, made a mistake and kissed a snake, how many doctors did it take? 1,2,3..." The music teacher jumps rope with Ansley and other jump rope enthusiasts at recess. Ansley and she are jump rope soul mates.
Ansley is also a nibbler. A methodical and systematic nibbler. She nibbles the breading off her chicken nuggets before the first bite into the meat. Every time, no exception. And I just noticed she did the same thing with a Butterfinger from Halloween... something eerie about a naked bar of peanut butter crunch.
Friday, November 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's so cute that Ansley is so into jump roping! I'm sure that in a few years she will have all the jump roping songs and hand clapping songs known by heart! :) Isn't so neat to be a little girl! And sometimes it's even more fun to watch little girls that you love, and remember when you were their age! :) I miss you guys!
Ctue! I used to love to jump rope when I was little!! Weston loves jumping rope too! They are at such a fun age right now!
FUN! I never knew she LOVED to jump rope!
I guess we'll have to get the jump rope bag out of the closet the next time you guys come over so Ansley can show me some of her jump rope tricks and songs.....
Post a Comment